We’re not a fan of fine print (we can never find our fine print glasses). And unless we’re talking about cake – we figure neither of us like surprises – that is why we want to make sure we are up front about our property policies.
Please read through the following policies below and thank you in advance for doing so!
- COVID-19 enhanced safety guidelines must be followed by all guests or visitors to the property and include:
- Maintaining six feet or more of physical distancing at all times with other guests not in your group.
- Wearing masks at any time when you are on our grounds outside of your cottage or room per Mendocino County Health Department order.
- Following posted safety signage.
- Utilizing hand sanitizing stations provided around property and in your room or cottage.
- Adhering to our contact-less service delivery.
- In-room housekeeping service will not be provided during guest stay.
- Indoor public areas such as the office and restaurant lounge will be closed to guests.
- All hot tubs, spa, and sauna are to remain closed at this time.
- Guest accommodations will remain vacant 24 hours in between stays.
- Following local safety guidelines when out and about in the area.
- Immediately notify management in the case of an illness.
- If you are diagnosed by Mendocino Coast District Hospital with COVID-19 and you must quarantine or isolate in your rented room or cottage, you and your party are responsible for the duration of that stay and any and all associated fees.
- Mendocino County will issue penalties for any violation of compliance with facial coverings guidelines.
One night deposit required at time of booking. Deposit refundable minus $45 cancellation fee if cancelled 8 days or more prior to arrival date. Full non-refundable payment due 7 days prior to arrival for all bookings.
Additionally, if you are worried that you may need to cancel your stay within the shortened cancellation period, we suggest considering trip cancellation insurance which can be easily obtained online. An example is the website www.quotewright.com. Insurance can be purchased at the time of booking online with one of these third-party insurance providers. It is NOT included in our room rates and does not get processed through the Inn.
If you do need to cancel or change your reservation, we will charge you as listed below:
- The no-cancellation period begins 7 days prior to arrival.
- Any significant changes or cancellations made during the no–cancellation period will result in the loss of the entire deposit.
- No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a last-minute cancellation and will be charged for the full folio amount of the reservation.
- We will be happy to move your reservation within the no-cancellation period at no additional cost to you (rates may change, and promotions may end depending on the dates you select). Once a reservation has been moved, it is no longer refundable and cannot be moved again.
- Lodging, wedding and elopement packages may have different policies and restrictions, please check your package confirmation carefully.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our lodging policies, please feel free to contact us at 707-937-5525 or via email at email@example.com
- Our rates will vary throughout the year and are subject to change until you have confirmed your reservation with us and locked in a rate.
- Our rates are based on double occupancy (two guests).
- Additional guests over double occupancy adds $15 per guest, per night up to the cottage or room capacity.
- We must collect 11% for Mendocino County’s transient occupancy tax on all stays and associated fees
- Guests ages 8 and under stay free with an accompanying adult.
- House gift certificates for Inn at Schoolhouse Creek and the Cottages at Little River Cove are not transferable between properties
- We do not accept Bed and Breakfast.com gift certificates
- The purchase value of expired Groupon vouchers may be applied to on-site room charges only
- No deposit is required at time of booking unless it falls within 48 hours to arrival.
- Bookings can be cancelled 48 hours or more from time of arrival without penalty.
- Gift Certificates may be used for room charges only please
- The balance of your folio is due 48 hours prior to check-in.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards
- There is a two-night minimum on stay on weekends.
- Our vacation rentals and select cottages have a minimum that includes weekdays as well.
- There is a minimum stay requirement on most holiday weekends; including, but not limited to: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s, 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Please contact us directly to find out about weddings or elopements at out inn.
- For groups reserving three or more rooms or cottages, a 30-day cancellation policy applies, and full payment in advance is required.
- Maximum occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced. Only registered guests are allowed to occupy any accommodation.
CHECK-IN + CHECK-OUT
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm every day. Check-in will be contact-less as an arrival package will be outside the office door with complete instructions including key, map of the property and arrival letter.
- A valid ID + credit or debit card is required at check-in. We accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard. Cash payments not accepted during this time.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 am. Guests not vacating units by 11:00 am, without Innkeeper’s permission, will be charged a late checkout fee up to the equivalent of one night’s lodging. Check-out will remain contact-less with the key being left inside the room and the innkeeper being notified of departure.
- Guests ages 8 and under stay with us free of charge
- For the safety of your children and the comfort of our other guests, we request that children under 15-years-of-age be supervised at all times.
- Well behaved owners may accompany their dog for an additional fee of $25.00 per pet per night.
- Guests are responsible for all terms and conditions laid out in our pet guidelines.
- We do ask that pets be under the owner’s control at all times.
- Service animals that are individually trained to help a person with his or her disability are welcomed.
- Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA
- You are responsible to “clean up”” after their pet. You will be charged an additional fee to cover the costs of deep cleaning a room after a pet stay. That would include carpet shampooing or steam cleaning of furnishings or soft goods soiled by your pet.
- There is a maximum of two pets per room or cottage unless prior arrangements have been made in advance of your stay.
- Guests keeping pets in room or cottage without prior approval will be charged $100 per night.
- In the event that the Inn incurs any loss of business, or compensation is required for another guest due to noise or other complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account
SMOKING + OTHER BURNING QUESTIONS
- The entire property is non-smoking (yes that includes vaping and the stuff Mendo is famous for). This policy is for the comfort of other guests and staff and includes all decks, porches and ground