We’re not a fan of fine print (we can never find our fine print glasses) – but we figure neither of us like surprises – that is why we want to make sure we are up front about our property policies.
Please read through the following policies below and thank you in advance for doing so! If you have any questions, you can reply directly to this email or call us at 707-937-5525.
• Our rates are based on double occupancy (two guests).
• Additional guests adds $15 per guest, per night up to the cottage or room capacity.
• Guests 12 years of age and under stay free with an accompanying adult.
• We must collect 11% for Mendocino County’s transient occupancy tax and BID on all stays and associated fees
• A 50% deposit is required at time of booking
• Gift certificates may be used for room charges only
• The balance of your folio is due 14 days prior to check-in and will automatically be charged to the card or cards you provided
• We accept all major credit cards
• Cash payments are not accepted at this time
• There is a two-night minimum stay on most weekends which is subject to change based on holidays or local events.
• Our vacation rentals and select cottages have a minimum that includes weekdays as well.
• The Inn does not hold weddings on property
• Maximum occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced.
• Only registered guests are allowed to occupy any accommodation.
• For the comfort and safety of you and our other guests, events or large gatherings are not permitted on the property without a full property buy out.
CHECK-IN + CHECK-OUT
• Check-in is 4:00 pm and contact free.
• An envelope with your last name on it will be outside the office door with everything you’ll need to get into your room or cottage.
• Check-out time is 11:00 am
• Guests not vacating units by 11:00 am, without Innkeeper’s permission, may be charged an additional nights stay.
• Check-out is also contact free. Please leave your key in the mail slot that is next to the office door.
• Guests under the age of 12 stay with us free of charge
• Children under 15-years-of-age must be supervised at all times.
• Some of our rooms are not suitable for children.
• Please be sure to book a cottage that allows children as we cannot guarantee check in without prior approval.
If you need to cancel or change your reservation, we will charge you as listed below:
• Deposit refundable minus $45 cancellation fee if cancelled 14 days or more prior to arrival date.
• Deposit is non-refundable if cancelled within 14 days of arrival date.
• The no-cancellation period begins 7 days prior to arrival
• Any significant changes or cancellations made during the no-cancellation period will result in the loss of the entire stay.
• No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a last-minute cancellation and will be charged for the full folio amount of the reservation.
• We are happy to move your reservation up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date at no additional cost to you (rates may change, and promotions may end depending on the new dates you select). Once a reservation has been moved, it is no longer refundable and cannot be moved again.
• Large groups have a 30 day, no-cancellation period.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our lodging policies, please feel free to contact us at 707-937-5525 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, if you are worried that you may need to cancel your stay within the shortened cancellation period, we suggest considering trip cancellation insurance which can be easily obtained online. An example is the website www.quotewright.com. Insurance can be purchased at the time of booking online with one of these third-party insurance providers. It is NOT included in our room rates and does not get processed through the Inn.
• Well behaved owners may accompany their pet for an additional fee of $30.00 per pet per night.
• Guests are responsible for all terms and conditions laid out in our pet guidelines.
• Pets must be under the owner’s control at all times.
• Pets are never to be left alone in any of our units.
• Pet sitting services are available at At Last Farm Dog in Mendocino.
• Service animals that are individually trained to help a person with his or her disability are welcomed. Free pet stays will only be given to service animals with ADA certification paperwork.
• Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA and will be charged.
• You are responsible to “clean up”” after your pet.
• Excessively dirty or soiled rooms by pets will be charged an additional fee to cover the costs of deep cleaning a room.
• Fees may also apply if pet waste is found in private yards after your departure.
• There is a maximum of two pets per room or cottage unless prior arrangements have been made in advance of your stay.
• Guests keeping pets in a room or cottage without prior approval will be charged $100 per pet, per night.
• In the event that the Inn incurs any loss of business, or compensation is required for another guest due to noise or other complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
PRIVATE HOT TUBS
• Guests must shower before using the hot tub.
• If we have to empty and refill the tub due to misuse, an additional cleaning fee of $100 will be added to your reservation.
• When the hot tub is not in use, the cover must be reinstalled in the proper position and secured.
• As a result of cleaning and servicing, hot tubs are sometimes not up to full temperature at the time of check in and may need several hours to heat.
• Do not permit children under the age of eighteen (18) to use the hot tub unless they are closely supervised at all times. Unsupervised use by children is strictly prohibited.
• In no case should children under the age of eight (8) be permitted in the hot tub. Never leave children unattended in the vicinity of the hot tub.
• Pregnant women and individuals under medical care (for such problems as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, skin sensitivities, cardiac or circulatory problems) should consult their physician prior to using the hot tub.
• Never use the hot tub when taking anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, narcotics or tranquilizers.
• Never allow long hair to float in the hot tub.
• Surrounding patio/deck may be slippery and dangerous when wet.
• Alcoholic beverages should not be consumed before or during hot tub use
SMOKING + OTHER BURNING QUESTIONS
• The entire property is non-smoking (yes that includes vaping and the stuff Mendo is famous for). This policy is for the comfort of other guests and staff and includes all decks, porches and grounds.
• A minimum $275.00 fee plus cost of nights lost due to restoring the accommodation will be levied for smoke or odor damage in a room or cottage. Safe places can be provided upon arrival for medical use.
• For the safety of our guests and historic property, the use of candles, incense, fireworks, explosives, flammable items, firearms, gas, charcoal, or propane grills, including solid fuel cooking appliances, smokers, oil fryers, hibachis, and all other types of open-flame devices, fire pits or fireplaces are strictly prohibited within, on or around any of the Inn’s balconies, decks or grounds.
PUBLIC SERVICE POWER SHUTDOWN and POWER OUTAGES
In the event of a planned or unplanned Public Service Power Shutdown (PSPS) or a power outage due to weather or other causes, our services will not be impacted. Our generators will be in service during limited hours to provide water pressure to the accommodations. Emergency boxes including flashlights and lanterns will be left in your room or cottage. Internet service during generator operation will be limited to office area. Our heat sources operate on propane and are unaffected. As PSPS events are out of our control, no refunds or rate adjustments will be given for any used or unused portion of a stay.